Sunday, January 2, 2011

Who Gives Up Sweets as a New Years Resolution?


New Years resolutions can be tricky things. How many of us actually follow our new years resolutions through to the very end? By summertime, my list has made it to the bottom of my papers somewhere and is usually lost until I find it a few years later. One thing I'm very careful about is to never make resolutions about giving up this or giving up that- my addiction to things such as coffee, cupcakes, and other varieties of sweets is just a lifestyle that I refuse to give up. Some things are meant to be savored. However, other resolutions are well worth the dedication.

Putting my resolutions out there for the world to see (or at least, my small band of loyal followers, the sweet souls that you are!) will be a small step towards actually KEEPING my resolutions. So shall I begin?

1. Keep my New Years resolutions

2. Get to nursing school! There is an inordinate amount of prerequisites for nursing school, and as one of those "oh, I don't need science classes, I'm an International Studies major!" people, I get to have Karma give me a good kick in the pants, starting with Biology.

3. Bake and cook whatever whenever wherever. Be adventurous with that new food processor and handy cookbook collection.

4. Share more. We all have a little extra to share.

5. Be more creative. Whatever happened to those piano lessons? Knitting needles? Must dig up that hidden talent and keep it polished! or at least remove the rust.

5. Do everything for a greater cause, and wake up with that goal in mind each and every morning.

6. Be a better neighbor, sister, daughter, friend, girlfriend, dog owner/mommy.


Best of luck to all of you out there with your own new years resolutions!

Also, thank you for being a part of this blog, reading when you have the opportunity, and even joining in on the banter at times. May you have a Beautiful New Year.

1 comment:

  1. What a great list of resolutions! Here's to a 2011 filled with all of these wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete