Monday, January 3, 2011

When Worlds Collide and Make Magical Things Happen.

If you haven't heard about THIS then it's about time. Call it a restoration of your faith in humanity and all that is good and pure in this world. (Sounds like I'm exaggerating, but I'm really not.) This is genuine love. Not love for your husband, or love for your family, but simple love for our fellow men and women on this earth. As Jenny, the now infamous blogger, quotes at the end of her more-infamous post...

"Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." (Margaret Mead)

Yes, I feel a bit selfish (okay, very selfish) for not being one of those hundreds of individuals who gave selflessly to this cause. However, what I now look forward to is keeping this story in mind when I am otherwise upset at the dismal situation of this country and this world. Rather than complaining, I will contribute and conspire to make things better, even if just a little bit. I hope you'll join me in doing the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment