Friday, May 7, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend/Friday Find


This weekend is Mother's Day Weekend! Make sure to thank your mother, grandmother, aunt, or any women who have played a crucial role in your life, for all that they have done for you.

I am hopping on a train this evening after work to go to PA and surprise my mom for mother's day :) Her birthday was last weekend, and when I talked to her on the phone she was so upset because she thought I wasn't coming home to visit until next month. I am so excited to see the look on her face when I walk through the door tonight! She has a habit of becoming particularly emotional when surprised, so I'm getting ready for the waterworks...

I also bought her these beautiful earrings from the non-profit my lovely friend, Jules, works for: Empowering Women International. They have an Etsy shop too (my Friday Find)! You should check it out! All of the jewelry is handmade by refugee women who are making a life for themselves through crafts(wo)manship here in the US. EWI provides them with the capability to market their items, and also raises money to help support their organization's cause.



{Amazonite Nugget Bracelet, via here}

Do you have anything special you are doing for your mommy/mommy figure?
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment