Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Fancy Schmancy

On Saturday night, Salman and I went out to celebrate our one year anniversary of being together. We went to Cafe Atlantico in DC and was it amazing! The flavors were jaw-dropping (I have never had better dessert in my life). This dinner also marked the end of my first class in my long journey towards applying to nursing school, as well as Salman's acceptance into med school...now time to digest, which should only take about a weeek ;) I was a particular fan of the chocolate cake with banana foam and chocolate mousse swirled around the plate. It took all of my self-control to avoid licking the plate clean.



See how quickly this dessert dissolved? it was mostly in part due to the extremely wonderful cafe latte that accompanied it. Coffee + chocolate = heaven.



2 comments:

  1. I have no self control and would have been licking that plate as it sounds delicious! :) Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That food looks (and sounds, by your review) delicious! Happy anniversary -- your anniversary dress is lovely.

    ReplyDelete