Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thursday, already???

{via here}

This has been a crazy and hectic week. This past weekend, we discovered that Oregon needs more than two people to hold her down while she gets her toenails clipped, and you cannot give her more than one treat while she's in the car because she gets carsick and will throw it up...all over your friend's car floor.


I also discovered the painstaking process of filing my taxes and how expensive it is just to prepare them, let alone pay them. My feelings for Turbotax are very complicated right now. I almost threw my computer off the balcony last night, but at the same time I don't know how I would've done my taxes without it. "Momentary financial distress" is what I'd like to call it.


In other news, the weather here is PERFECT!!! I walked outside this morning, and could feel the extra spring in my step. Even if nothing goes my way for the rest of the week, this sunshine is sure to keep the demons at bay...



i thank you God for most this amazing

i thank You God for most this amazing
day:for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes


(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun's birthday;this is the birth
day of life and love and wings:and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)


how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any--lifted from the no
of all nothing--human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?

(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)

- ee cummings


{Rocky Mountains, Colorado, July 4, 2009}

No comments:

Post a Comment