Monday, June 28, 2010

An Award for You!


It may sound silly at times, but I am always overwhelmed by how much kindness is floating around the blog world. As crazy and hectic as life can get, people take the time out of their day to write little comments full of sweet advice and lovely compliments. Today, I had the great fortune of being awarded a Versatile Blogger Award from Dani on her blog AdaMedina! Thank you, so much, Dani! (She also used to live in Baltimore, which I find extremely cool. Just a sidenote :)

The rules for this award are that you must list seven things about yourself, and then pass the award along to new and versatile blogs that you like. Then, those that receive it must do the same (and make sure you tell those who have received the award!)...

7 Things:
1. I rode my bicycle across the country last summer from Baltimore to San Francisco
2. I am changing my "life direction" and taking prerequisite classes for nursing school
3. I'm a dog lover through and through
4. I am a coffee addict
5. I have an extremely patient, kind and handsome boyfriend who means the world to me
6. I am incredibly blessed by a loving family
7. I have been trying to ride my bike to work every day this summer! (except when it rains)

And the Versatile Blogger Awards go to...

Hope State Style
by Caroline- I went to high school with Caroline and her fashion sense has only matured with time, it seems, through her extensive classes at Brown and RISD. She's a wonderful environmentalist, too, and always gives great tips on living a simple life as beautifully as possible!

She Eats Bears by Marysol- This blog is for all you foodies out there who need a little inspiration...I cannot get enough of the fact that Marysol cooks her own meals with homegrown vegetables practically every day! Her recipes are top-notch...I can attest to this since I recently used her recipe for coconut cupcakes (or "coconut petits gateaux") and they were the most fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth cupcakes I've ever been able to create. Thank you, Marysol!

16 House by Mandy- "a scrapbook of inspiring things" is her tag line, and that is exactly what this versatile blog is. It is full of interior designs, artwork, "friday favorites" and everything in between. I adore Mandy's taste in food, fashion, art and decor. Check it out!

Beyond Function by Laurel- Laurel is the one I hold responsible for helping me dig this blog out of the rubble. I was having a not-so-great time at one point last year, having come back from my cycling trip and not knowing what to do next, and she suddenly began leaving the sweetest comments on this blog! I hadn't written in it for quite a few months, but her kind words got me back into gear with posting and here it is today. She is currently in the process of planning her wedding and I just love following her journey through life...she's such a wonderful person and always has great fashion sense to share with all.

Pacing the Panic Room by Ryan- I can't remember how I came across this blog, but the author (Ryan) is a photographer/videographer who is kind enough to share his projects with the rest of the blogging community. He most recently did a great piece on the Gulf oil spill, and despite a hectic schedule, he always seems to make time for his two beautiful children and wife. His insights on life are also pretty amazing and quite entertaining at times.


There ya go! I hope you all go ahead and pass along the award- and thanks for always sharing your thoughts and inspiration with the rest of us!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much jacqueline! This award is so sweet! I think your blog is one of the first I started following! It is a regular on my google reader blog roll!
    (I also follow pacing the panic room and 16 houses.Both excellent.)
    I think we bonded because we are both dog lovers!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nice comments made me blush a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh That is so lovely, I feel so honored. Will have to put my thinking cap on for my 7 things .... thanks again. XXX

    ReplyDelete