Friday, July 3, 2009

Rocky Mountain HIgh (meditation)

Tomorrow we begin our climb into the Rocky Mountains. It's a severe understatement to say I'm nervous. The entire team is finally (if they haven't as of yet) feeling the intensity of this trip. Tomorrow we will have a humbling ride up to Ward, Colorado...I'm hoping to keep a steady cadence while remaining focused on the task at hand. The climb itself is approximately 25 miles long, with a 35 mile "descent" into Ward.

On a sidenote, Boulder is phenomenal and if I could choose to live here I would. The people are down-to-earth, athletic, and an overall happy bunch. There are too many outdoor cafes to count and a day and a half is not nearly enough to explore the entire city. I will hopefully post pictures soon, either tonight or the next time I have computer access.

No comments:

Post a Comment